Saturday, June 20, 2009

Family

So lately, I think because it was just Shaylee Linnea's, my neice and goddaughter, birthday, I've been thinking about family alot. I've built quite the little adopted family here in the Quad Cities. I love the people that I've met and all the wonderful friends that I've made. It's strange isn't it? How we build these communities of family for ourselves no matter where we are. Crazy!

But nothing can replace the family that God gives you. Luckily, even though I'm far away from them, there are places like Blogger and Facebook, and pictures and things so that I can be kept up to date on the goings on in the lives of those I love.

So like a month ago, my brother and sister-in-law sent me pictures of them and my beautiful neice Shaylee. So naturally the first thing I did was to take them to work and put them up on the wall of my cubicle. Actually I put them on the front of one of the cabinets in my cubicle. It has been so fun to have these pictures to show off. And of course the first thing anyone asks about the pictures is always, "Who is that beautiful little girl?" It is so much fun getting to reply, "That is my neice, Shaylee!" So now I just have to get more pictures, probably ones I can print from my computer to put up of other family members so that I can show everyone off. So yeah. Fun times!

Happy Belated Birthday Shaylee! There will be a card coming from your Aunt Sara very soon! Love you all tons!

3 comments:

Neabear said...

Just like we miss you very much too! Fun to see another post here. I miss it when you go long between posts.

Jess said...

Hi there,

My name is Jess and I am a new blogger. Your Mom suggested that I check out your blog and I'm glad she did.

What a blessing to have "adopted family!" I lived far from my folks when my husband and I were raising our children. We "adopted" grandmas and aunts who are still our closest friends.
Now my daughter lives 15 hours away from home. We see each other about 4 times a year...not near as much as either of us would like. Thank God for cell phones!

Oh, blessings on the exercise regime. I just got serious about loosing weight 2 weeks ago. My health has been negatively impacted by the extra pounds and I had pretty much given up. But God. With His help, I'll get back to a healthy weight.

Be encouraged and look for His jewels for the journey.

Neabear said...

You gonna update on here again soon??