Monday, December 8, 2008

My Sewing Project

So today I got back to work on sewing finally. I didn't quite get as much done as I would have liked, but I did get a good start going. I'll hopefully be sufficiently motivated to get more work done and finish some of the projects that I've been working on. Like poor Gail's pajamas. We'll see how it goes.

But while I was sewing I decided to take a couple pictures to show my work area and the progress I've made on the dress. Here goes!

So here is the Dining Area table. Which is where my sewing machine sits. You can also see my sewing box on the chair in the fore and the trash can from my room which I use for lose threads and the like. You can also see my laptop in the back of the picture. That way I had some entertainment while I was working.

Here is a shot of the body of the dress which is mostly done. All I need to do are put on the sleeves, put in the zipper/hook and eye, and hem it. You can't really tell, but it's a dark green color with a black lining. Yay!


Here's a shot of just the bodice of the dress which is sitting on the Ironing board. Which as you can see in the picture above I moved onto the Dining Area table as well. Unfortunately with and apartment its hard to find a dedicated place for sewing.


And last but not least are the sleeves. I still need to put the bands on them and then attach them to the body, but they are all put together and basted. So that's where I'm at. Once the dress is done I'll for sure take a picture of it, and can maybe convince Sam to model it for me. Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Neabear said...

Yay! Another post. It was cool to see you set up in the dining room there. Looks like you have an interesting centerpiece on the table too. I also see your cell phone in the picture too. Good luck with finishing the rest of the dress.

Neabear said...

http://theviewfrommydoor.blogspot.com/2008/12/wrapping-presents-with-cat.html

You have to visit this post about a cat helping to wrap presents. It is so funny. I laughed till I had tears. Does Oreo ever do this kind of thing with you? Or maybe Blossom?