Friday, September 26, 2008

An Epiphany

So here I am sitting at work at the Courtyard and typing up a new blog. It's actually really nice to be back at the Courtyard. I haven't been here for a couple weeks, at least not on my regular shift. And it feels like forever. While I was doing "Promises, Promises" my manager was nice enough to let me have the nights off for the show. This was good because it allowed me to fully be a part of the whole production. What with the parties and mingling after the shows, I was able to get to know and hang out with the other cast members even more. So that was nice. But I never thought I would miss work. It was kinda nice to come back. Strange feeling for me.

I was talking to my Dad today about a couple of things and one thing I told him was very, very true. I'm happy with where I am in life right now. I like both of my jobs a lot. It's not a chore to go to work everyday. I enjoy it. I mean, I do have my moments where I wish I didn't need to work so much, but for the most part I really like going to work everyday. And I don't really want to not work. That's kind of a big thing for me. To be really happy with where I am in life. I mean obviously it would be nice if my finances were a little more secure, but other than that things are all good. I'm honestly and truly happy. It's a weird thing for me to feel.

So yeah. That's kinda all I wanted to say. Tomorrow, or rather later today I get to help build sets for "Anne of Green Gables", the next show at Playcrafter's. So that should be fun. It's nice to help out and be involved in shows in different ways. I'm glad that there is such an active theatre community here in the Quad Cities. I can't wait to get more involved in all of it. Well, little by little. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Neabear said...

I enjoyed your post. I love having a chance to read something of yours. I need to correct something though. You have been there 2 years not 3. You move there in 2006, remember? You graduated in 2006 so that is a good way to remember when you moved there. LOL! Let me know if you want help to add fun things to your blog. You can click on the blinkies, or the counters to get one or some of your own for example. I am happy that you are enjoying your jobs. That is a key thing to helping you feel happy.

Neabear said...

If you go to "customize" at the top of your blog then click on add a gadget in the right hand column then click on "Followers" and hit save, you will have that added to your blog. You can also add blogs you follow that way too, but you need to click on Blog roll or something like that. If you want to add blinkies, click on one in my blog and you can browse blinkies and choose one, then do the copy paste thing to add one to your blog. You will need to do that through the html link thingy. Hope that helps for some fun things to add to your blog.